Looking for “SEO services Malta”? Please, read this before you hire an SEO agency or professional. It may be very painful for you and your business.
First, there are some questions you must answer properly: Do I need an SEO consultant? How can I find one and how could it help me? We are going to clear all the doubts about this profession.
If you move into the world of online marketing, surely the importance of SEO is not new to you. But it is such a complex discipline that it is very common to have to resort to the services of a professional. And to guarantee the best results, we first have to understand what the requirements are to be an SEO consultant and how this professional can help us to improve the positioning of our websites.
In social gatherings, which I rarely go to, they always end up asking me about my work since we are dedicated to Malta SEO Agency. What does an SEO expert do? It isn’t easy to summarise all the work we do in an SEO agency, but I am going to give a few glimpses of our SEO services.
What requirements must SEO services meet?
An SEO consultant is a professional whose work is aimed at improving the positioning of a web page, that is, making it appear in the top positions of Google and other search engines for the search terms that most interest the brand.
Today, SEO is a very complex and multidisciplinary area of online marketing, so SEO experts have to meet a series of requirements in order to carry out their work with quality guarantees:
- Good knowledge of how search engines work. Naturally, an SEO consultant needs to understand how page crawling and indexing work and what factors influence page ranking. In addition, it must be taken into account that the algorithms of search engines such as Google are continuously updated, so this professional will have to constantly refresh himself to be up to date.
- A global vision of the different areas of SEO. Search engine optimization covers very different disciplines, from content creation to programming. It is difficult for a single professional to be an expert in all areas of SEO (technical aspects, link building, writing…), but they should have enough knowledge of all of them to have a good global vision.
- Knowledge of programming. At a minimum, an SEO consultant should know HTML to be able to recognise and modify the different tags that classify the content of a page for search engines. At a minimum, an SEO consultant should be able to handle HTML to be able to recognise and modify the different tags that classify the content of a page in the face of search engines.
- Ability to create content. Content is one of the key elements of page positioning, so this professional should be familiar with the creation process and be able to advise their clients to create quality content. Sometimes it happens that consultants have a more technical profile and focus on aspects such as the repetition of keywords to the detriment of naturalness, but this is a mistake.
- Stay up to date with market developments. As we mentioned before, search engine algorithms are updated frequently, so it is necessary to be able to adapt to changes. In the same way, sometimes Google starts to penalize previously considered acceptable techniques, so it is essential to be aware.
- Be realistic. If an SEO consultant promises to put us in the first position of Google in a very short time, we must be vigilant, since it is possible that he cannot fulfil what he promises or that he is using penalized techniques (‘black hat’). SEO should always be seen as a long-term investment. If an SEO consultant promises to put us in the first position of Google in a very short time, we must be alert, since it is possible that he will not be able to fulfil what he promises or that is employing penalized techniques (‘black hat’). SEO must always be seen as a long-term investment.
What services does an SEO consultant offer?
- Website audit. As a starting point, the SEO consultant usually carries out a detailed analysis of on-page SEO: optimization of content, domain, URLs, internal links, and much more. Thus, we will be able to know where we started from and what things need to be improved. Sometimes it is possible to optimize positioning very quickly with a few simple changes.
- Study keywords and study the competition. No analysis would be complete without knowing what the most interesting search terms in our industry are, how our website ranks for them, and what the competition is doing. We must bear in mind that SEO is competitive by nature, so we cannot lose sight of other websites that are struggling to rank for the same keywords as us.
- Optimization of the technical aspects of the web. Search engines ‘read’ the code of our page, and there are many elements that can facilitate or hinder their work. An SEO consultant can help us improve these technical aspects, from the architecture of the website to the structure of the URLs.
- Content optimization. The famous maxim ‘content is king’ also applies to SEO. A good consultant knows how to create quality content that balances the requirements for better positioning (titles and headers, image optimization, keyword insertion…) with the naturalness and quality necessary to win over web visitors.
- Link building strategy. An SEO consultant not only acts on the internal aspects of the website but also helps improve its reputation by getting links from other sites. It is very important to let ourselves be guided by an expert on this subject since Google has very strict policies to penalize the creation of fraudulent links.
- Video Marketing. Video Marketing is a marketing technique in which audiovisual material is used to promote a brand, service or product. Although video marketing is not an exclusive online marketing strategy, it has grown significantly thanks to the Internet and social networks.
- Analysis and reports. After directing a first optimization of the SEO strategy, it will be necessary to measure the results frequently to see how it is working and what aspects can still be optimized. Usually, this materializes in a long-term relationship with the SEO consultant, who will send reports to the brand and suggest progressive improvements.
- Maintenance. Create new content, repair broken links, adapt to the new changes in the Google algorithm… SEO must be a constant task in day-to-day online marketing, and the SEO consultant can help us direct and implement it.
- SEM campaigns. As a complementary service, many SEO consultants also offer strategy and execution of advertising campaigns on Google, since they have many elements in common with organic positioning. At a minimum, even if they are entrusted to different professionals, it is necessary to coordinate the SEO and SEM initiatives in order to take full advantage of the synergies between them.
What else should local business “SEO services Malta” take into account?
A positioning strategy must always be updated, that is why it is very important to know how to solve Local SEO problems, in this article we will review the first case.
We already know that SEO is vital to get traffic, in fact, any other effort that does not lead to that could question many things. The same in local traffic for stores or branches that depend on the number of people who arrive every day and that translate into purchases.
A local SEO or local marketing strategy that works correctly will always attract the right people to a physical location. And with the right people, we mean that the strategy managed to reach more people willing to consume than those who are thinking about it. It is ideal for a company to connect with the people to whom it wants to sell something and that is why it is essentially solving the local SEO problems that will keep you competitive during 2022.
Let’s tell you the purpose of making the adjustments we recommend: You’re going to return to the top positions in local search and again, you’ll see a significant change from competitors in an area.
But above all, you will see the investment being profitable again because the strategy is serving its purpose again.
If you have reached this point, it is because you already know that you have to make adjustments and we will tell you which ones will improve your local positioning on Google and how they will keep you on the map during 2022.
How to fix local SEO problems?
Take note of the following tips.
1. The most basic: a business listing in Google My Business
At this point, you may remember how useful it is for a local business to have a Google Business Profile listing or as it was previously known, Google My Business. In addition to being a file in which you include business information, it also helps the search engine pay attention to your company and thus begins to gain reliability. What is a key element to improve positions in the ranking?
Remember that it is still about local positioning, doing SEO is creating strategies and actions aimed at people and not just for search engines. By having the files of the products and services offered on the site updated, the user experience improves at the search level and this is rewarded by, at least, Google.
Another thing to consider for the token-based strategy is to have up-to-date information on directories and review sites. It’s tedious, but now is the time to go to each of the directories you have pointing to a product or service and make sure that the information that is there is up to date, as well as the address and contact with the business.
2. Optimizations in positioned content
It goes hand in hand with point number 1, but it is extremely effective in solving local SEO problems. What does content optimization entail? Well, to begin with, does the strategy have a landing page or corporate blog that helps position the local business?
If you don’t have it, it’s time to consider building a website well structured enough for three goals:
- Gain brand authority.
- Send good quality traffic.
- They signal to search engines that your place of business is trustworthy.
Do you need a site? It’s time to develop it. Do you need to check its operation? It’s time for a Free SEO audit.
Once this is clear, it is time to talk about content optimization that will help you solve the local SEO problems of a business. You could say that optimization always helps regardless of whether it’s targeted at a specific audience or not. And yes, doing content optimization to improve SEO always brings good results, but in local search, you have to ask yourself more how we can target all organized searches like:
“Negocio o servicio cerca de mí”.
That will be the key point of optimisation for content intended to drive traffic to a specific location, making all possible links, content and sites point to the business as trustworthy and important to the user who needs to find it.
3. Remove duplicate content
Optimization also includes finding and fixing duplicate SEO content issues. Remember that duplicate content is considered to be any text that is partially or completely repeated on more than two web pages with different URLs. It doesn’t matter if both domains are yours. We can even think that repeating information in the same URL can have consequences if you do not make it clear why you are doing it or in the metadata.
To solve it, rule out the main reasons for this to happen:
- Your domain is non-canonical and this causes URLs to be produced with the same information but duplicated.
- You have test sites that are already being crawled.
- In the case of having different domains for each branch in different countries, there is a risk that it will be identified as duplicate content.
- Poor organization of the information architecture is a particularly recurring reason because when a website is not organized by categories correctly, there may be duplicate content.
- Plagiarism of information from other sites or yours.
Once we detect this problem for one or more of the listed reasons, these are solutions you can consult to fix the duplicate content:
- Adding a “rel_canonical” tag will tell the search engine that the page we have placed it on is of interest to be indexed.
- Redirect with 301 codes so that we tell Google where to pay attention. This is something you should do immediately if you want to position a page and de-relevance another that duplicated content until it is corrected.
- Take care that the metadata is not repeating information that can be duplicated between categories, product descriptions or other data.
- Detect if another website is plagiarizing the content of a directory and request that it be removed, in the same way, that you should be careful not to do it yourself.
4. Add location pages
Location pages are one of the best ways to improve local SEO rankings because they help signal to search engines that you rank in local results.
This type of page must contain detailed information on the location of the business or NAP: Name, address and telephone, only in this way can it be a good tool to continue giving relevance to a website.
Another aspect related to this is that the better functionality they have, the better it will be for the search engine. If there are buttons to call the number, access the location on the map and contact the store provider, it is considered a good experience and you will have more recommendations when looking for a service ‘near me’.
There is an advantage to using these location pages as a way to solve local SEO problems for the business: contact is made at one of the decisive points of the conversion journey.
This means that with the help of these pages, we can bring the user a little closer to conversion so that they feel that there is personalization and that the solution to their search is indeed in the local business.
Important reminder for a local SEO strategy in 2022
These are essential adjustments to make whenever the data indicates that there is a variation in the results, you must remain in constant monitoring and find improvements according to a strategy, whatever it may be. It is also important to look for strategies that have a good success rate such as the Local Pack SEO.
Including these adjustments in the strategy that you have carried out so far can bring long-term benefits, but it is very important to be aware of new updates in search engines to find friendly alternatives to the sites.
Luckily, you can check this blog to find out about new tools and adjustments in the local SEO of a brand. You can also follow us on social networks to find out more advice from our experts.